Thursday, November 20, 2014

Top 10 Thanksgiving Tables


I think I say this about every holiday, but Thanksgiving really is my favorite.
For this week anyways.
I love the focus on gratitude, the extra time with family and friends, the traditions, and of course-the food.  One of my favorite things about Thanksgiving is without a doubt, the lingering.  You know what I mean.  The food has been prepared and devoured, and you sit around with the people you love most just gathered around the dinner table talking.  Old stories, new stories, memories, love.  
That is better than any pie.
I have to say though, it seems to me that the prettier the table, the longer the lingering. Even though I know it's just stuff and just the way the table looks and not at all as important as the people around it, I do believe you can create a cozier and more inviting atmosphere that just begs your loved ones to stay around a little longer.  Talk a little more.  Linger on.  
Today I've rounded up 10 of my very favorite Thanksgiving table ideas that will be sure to put a brighter smile on your loved ones faces, and make them want to linger a little longer this year.

#1)
{source unknown}

#2)

#3)

#4)

#5)

#6)

#7)

#8)

#9)

#10)
{source unknown}










2 comments:

  1. Thanks a really great list! I especially love the paper idea in #9. Think I'm gonna use that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. #4 and #9 are my faves, great collection!! Thanks for linking this up at On Display Thursday last week!

    ReplyDelete