Wednesday, October 29, 2014

DIY Autumn Pinecone Wreath


This year I decided I needed a new autumn wreath for our front porch.  I knew I wanted to make it myself and I knew I wanted it to be something that would last for a few good Fall's to come.  Even though it was a bit time consuming, it was simple and enjoyable!  So I cannot recommend strongly enough burning your favorite Fall candle, popping in a comfort movie on TV and jumping into this project.  Here's what you'll need...
-1 styrofoam wreath form (size of your choice)
-Pinecones-lots of pinecones
-Smaller pinecones
-Hot glue gun and glue sticks


I found the easiest way was to begin glueing pinecones on the inside of the wreath form, then work your way out.


After that it's really just like a puzzle piecing them all together.  This is where the tiny pine cones really come in handy to fill in the small gaps that can't be helped.  The fuller the wreath gets the better!!!  Use a wreath hanger or a large, sturdy decorative ribbon to hang on the door and enjoy! 





28 comments:

  1. Beautiful....glad I stopped by from Wednesday Whatsits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I think it could stay up through Christmas and not look out of place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelly, if I hadn't had a Christmas wreath idea I was dying to try out I would have! I might put it back out in the Winter too!!

      Delete
  3. This looks so pretty, and perfect for fall! Stopping by from the Pretty Pintastic Party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I so remember making these in the 80's! I thought they were pretty then, and now they are even prettier! Great job with the gold.... :)
    xox, Crystelle
    CrystelleBoutique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Crytelle! The gold was actually an accidental, as I couldn't find enough natural ones, but I like the way it turned out!

      Delete
  5. Pretty!!! Where did you get your pine ones?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great job! I just had to feature it on Creative Spark Link Party this week! Hope you stop by and link up again today! http://bit.ly/10uAB5J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the feature Michelle, it means so much!

      Delete
  7. Beautifully done!!! I have TONS of pine cones, now I need to paint them gold and get busy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! There aren't a lot of pine cones where I live so I had to purchase mine, but when I was glueing I thought-man I wish there were some more pinecones in my backyard!

      Delete
  8. Oh wow, this is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing this tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful! My mother has tons and tons of pine cones on her property, I told her she should sell them and make some money because people love decorating with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're absolutely right Rachel! People like me are willing to pay when we don't have any! I just keep them and store them for next year.

      Delete
  10. I was just thinking about doing a pine cone wreath, yours came out gorgeous! Thanks for linking up at On Display Thursdays, hope to see you again this Wednesday night :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so lovely, I really like the natural look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julia! I had originally planned on a natural pinecone instead of the gold, but couldn't find enough at my Hobby Lobby and went with gold instead. I'm still happy with how it turned out though!

      Delete
  12. It looks excelent and really beautifull

    ReplyDelete