Monday, August 6, 2012

Monday Meal's

Confession: I have a slight obsession with my crockpot. If there was anyway to make every meal, every day of the week in a crockpot...I probably would. Growing up my mother NEVER cooked in a crockpot. I hardly knew what one was until I met my mother in law. Everytime I cook with a crockpot my mother gives me the same look she does when she finds out I made a cake with a cake mix, or a pie with a pre-made crust.
Disgust.
My housewife pearls are obviously fake.
But the recipe I bring tonight is one of my all time FAVS. Not only for it's crockpot beauty, but because it's pure deliciousness. It couldn't be easier AND you probably have the ingridients in your kitchen right now. Nothing weird-y going on here. Just amazing. I hope you love it has much as we do.

Italian Beef Sandwiches

3-5lb rump roast
3 cans of beef broth (You can get by with 2 here, but I've always been a more is best kind of gal. Plus, I like to have extra broth to dip the sandwiches in)
2 packets of Italian salad dressing mix
1 teaspoon oreagano
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon onion salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
Salt & pepper to taste


Combine the 3 cans of beef broth with the dressing mixes and all the spices. (Confession #2...I never measure with this recipe. A sprinkle here and a toss there. That's how it goes.) Stir and bring this mixture to a boil. Place the roast in your crockpot and pour your mixture on it. Pop the lid on and turn it on low for 4 hours, then up it to high for another 4 hours. 1 hour before you plan to eat, remove the meat and shred with a fork, then return to the crockpot to let it finish soaking in the flavor of the broth for the last hour.
You can easily stop right there and grab a fork. But my favorite way to serve these sandwiches is on slightly toasted sub rolls, with mozzerella cheese and sauteed
green bell pepper and onion. Be sure to serve a small side of dipping broth on the side. Pretend to look the other way as your family drinks it up...it's too good not to. (Confession #3 right there.)

No comments:

Post a Comment